GM/Chevy 8-Lug 10" - 12" Lift Kit Package
For the GM 2011+ 8-Lug vehicles, including the 1500HD, 2500, 2500HD, 3500HD
Stage 2 (Standard) Package
Nor-Cal Truck has put this (Basic) Package together for the truck owner that wants to start with the basis of what he needs to complete his Cognito Motorsports lift build. Other Cognito product is available to add or upgrade at a later date.
Starter Package Includes:
- Cognito Motorsports #FSLK101040 - 10" Lift front box kit
- Cognito Motorsports #PISK3008 - Steering braces
- Cognito Motorsports #SBELKHD-1010 - HD Sway Bar End Links
- (2) Front Fox Performance Series Resivor w/Billet mounts
- (2) Rear Fox Performance Series Resivor w/Billet mounts
- Deaver Rear 4" Leaf (Soft Ride) pack
- Rear 3" Tappered Steal Block & UBolt Kit
- Stainless Steel Brake Lines
- Front CV Driveline
- Drive line tranny brackets
This lift system is designed like no one else’s. Cognito goes the extra mile to build customers a tubular front crossmember for a custom look. The design also incorporates a new spindle engineered to offer the best of all worlds in strength, flexibility, and ease of installation. On 4 wheel drive models, there is one simple cut to make on the frame to clear the front differential, not necessary on 2 wheel drives, and 4 holes to drill and the rest is a bolt on installation. This 10” system comes standard with our revolutionary Pitman/Idler arm support kit that eliminates the premature wear found in the GM pitman and idler arm design that is present even on stock vehicles. Flexibility to get an extra 2” out of this system is built in, just add the tubular upper control arm kit and you will be able to run up to a 40” tall tire, depending on which vehicle and wheel/tire combination used. On 4 wheel drive models, the front differential is dropped down a full 10 inches to avoid severe CV axle angles.
The Cognito lift system comes standard with compression struts. Cognito also uses sub-frame connectors to connect the front crossmember to the rear crossmember. Many other companies fail to provide some kind of sub-frame connection. This is essential to prevent bending to the factory lower control arm mounts, and they help provide the Cognito system with a rigid sub-frame to position the lower control arms and front differential. With the replacement spindle design, and the upper control arm remaining in the factory location, the control arms are spread further apart by 10 inches. This provides more leverage on the larger wheels thus increasing ball joint life and retaining front-end alignment much better. Lift kits that drop the upper control arm along with everything else are overwhelmed by the added leverage of larger tires, straining upper ball joints and knocking front-end alignments out easily.
Here's something to help you visualize the scenario:
We all have bench pressed weights - You have your hands spread 15 inches apart on the bar with 10 lbs. on either end. No problem - you have as much stability as you would need with such a low weight. Now put 35 lbs.on either end of that bar and keep your hands at the same 15 inch span. The bar becomes unstable and the short span makes it impossible to keep control. Now increase the span of your hands to 25 inches. The stability is regained and you have no problem handling and controlling the weight.
The new spindle is designed into this kit so that the upper control arm remains in the factory location. This makes for an easier and cleaner installation than a suspension kit that drops the UCA because there is no UCA brackets to install, and the factory bump stop perches do not have to be cut off of the. Almost every other spindle kit out there requires that the upper mount on the aluminum front differential housing be cut off. This makes it very difficult to return the vehicle to stock height if needed, or to upgrade to a different suspension system down the road, which requires the use of that mount. The Cognito design retains this mount on the front differential to provide the customer with an easier installation and the option to return to stock. There is only one cut to make to the frame, easily made with a reciprocating saw. To mount the torsion bar drop crossmember, four ½” holes must be drilled, and this completes the cutting involved. The rest of the installation is bolt on, as there is no welding required
- Over-Cranking the suspension will affect ride quality and is not recommended.
- The distance between the upper A-Arm and the metal bump stop should be no less than 3/4".
- This kit includes our pitman and idler arm support kit.
- Only increases the front track width by 1.5" per side.
- Maximum wheel backspacing is 5"
- Do not use a tire that is more than 4 1/2" wider than the rim width on a 4 1/2" or more backspaced wheel.
- Exhaust modification may be necessary. (Gas)
- Front Drive line modification is necessary with 4wd trucks.
- Have the vehicle professionally aligned to the following specifications for the 10"-12" kit located in the installation instructions.
- Product Data
Component Description: No Height x Length x Width (DIM) T/F Product Data: No Manufacturer No Please choose your option: Clear Product Notes: No Product Requires: No Ship Via: Freight Weight 1.0000 Product Video N/A Product Video Description N/A Shipping Price: $200.00