** Please see" Drop Down Options Info: "Below to answer if a certain add on is right for you **
Stage 3 "Starter" UCA Package - 2-3" Height over factory
Suspension packages are designed exclusively by NorCalTruck.com and are geared towards matching our customers with the product that suits their needs. These packages deliver performance for any budget. Our customers can choose a package that meets their immediate needs and expectations, but also in most cases, can be upgraded at any point in the future. Please take the time to read the very useful information below to help you decide if this package is the best for you.
Application: 2001-2010 Chevy/GM 2wd/4wd 2500HD & 3500HD including dually
Most commonly used for:
- Daily Driver
- Larger tires
- Light towing
Our Starter stage package is really what we feel is the starting point any truck owner should consider. Although this stage is not the least expensive direction, you will find this stage is a great foundation to becoming happy with the performance of your suspension.
Stage 3 "Starter" Package Includes:
- CMS-110-90287 Cognito Ball joint style UCA
- CMS-110-90244 Shock extender kit for use with factory shocks
- Complete hardware and instructions
Features & Benefits:
- A must when Leveling your vehicle right
- Corrected ball joint angle to withstand higher control arm operating angles
- 28% more suspension travel can be achieved over stock
- Bolt in ball joint style bolts in secure and is an easy installation
- These UCA were designed with extra caster to your steering geometry to provide better drivability on highway.
- Will work on Stabilitrack year trucks.
- Does NOT widen front track width.
- No cutting or welding required.
- DIY Friendly
Tire & Wheel Fitment:
- Recommended maximum tire size for BEST results - 33" Tall x 11.50" wide tire.
- Recommended maximum aftermarket wheel for BEST results - 9" wide with backspacing between 5.0"-5.7" - Less Back space the farther the wheel/tire will stick out, more back space will pull the tire/wheel in towards the suspension.
- The key is to keep the wheel and tire combo from sticking out of the wheel opening so you have little to no rubbing on the fender and/or bumper when turning. Avoiding too large of a backspace is also a key in eliminating rubbing, so that your tire is not close to the UCA area.
- 2001-2007 Classic Body Chevy/GM trucks have a larger wheel opening, on 2007.5-2010 new body style trucks slight to large amount of trimming may be required depending on your wheel and tire combo. NCT.com has instructions on a very clean DIY fender mod that is available if requested with your purchase to better help you gain tire clearance.
- Dual rear wheel trucks will fit up to a 33" Tall x 11.50" wide tire on factory wheels, but will require a rear wheel spacer between the dual wheels.
- *Please check out the pictures above that display the wheel and tire specs that we have used with this package.
- Lift "keys" are not included but may be needed, see below options.
- Over-Cranking the suspension will reduce the ride height drop travel. This will affect the ride quality and is not recommended.
- The distance between the upper control arm and frame drop stop should be NO-LESS than 5/8" distance at ride height.
- A "Leveling" kit is designed to level an HD truck, but if you would like to add a block to the rear to regain a "rake" stance you can. We recommend between a 1"-1.5" to retain a factory looking stance or "rake".
- DIYer common install time 2.5-4 Hours
- Have the vehicle professionally aligned according to the alignment specifications located in the installation instructions.
- Caster, +4.0 to +6.0 degrees with .8 degree caster split optimal for average road crown.
- Camber, 0.0 to + .2 degrees, with both sides equal.
- Toe, 1/16” to 1/8” toe in, or stock toe setting.
Are you doing the install yourself? All NorCalTruck.com customers get exclusive private tech support by someone that has direct install knowledge with this product, so you can purchase with confidence and perform your own install.
Would you like this product professionally installed? Installation is available at NorCalTruck.com on this product line. Feel free to click on our gallery of in-house installations to view some of our work.
Drop Down Option Info to add to your package:
We are happy to help you add what options will be best suited for you and your needs. Please use this info to help you add to your order.
Lift "keys" - are not included but may be needed. Please use the following information to help you determine if NCT.com recommends that you add this option for maximum results. If so, please use the drop down option list to add lift keys if needed.
- 2001-2005 Single wheel - We have found that the 2001-2005 model trucks need lift keys for added indexing to allow for more adjustment in the torsion bars to raise the front of the truck.
- 2006-2008 Single wheel - We have found that the 2006-2008 model trucks are able to reach full adjustment with factory keys. 90% of trucks that fall in this category do not require lift keys and it’s not necessary to add them to your purchase.
- 2009-2010 Single wheel - We have found that the 2009-2010 model trucks need lift keys for added indexing to allow for more adjustment in the torsion bars to raise the front of the truck.
- 2001-2010 3500HD Single or Dual rear wheels - Because a 3500 truck sits a lot higher than a 2500, it is not possible to completely level this truck. At the same time we have found that 3500 trucks do need extra adjustment not found in the factory keys, so we do suggest you purchase lift keys to achieve full adjustment out of the front suspension within the guidelines provided.